Wednesday 19 July 2017

Speech made in France August 31 2008 at Falaise

Speech made in France August 31 2008 Falaise

This was translated and read in French

Ladies and Gentlemen, Honored Guests,

It us with great emotion I speak to you today. Over 64 years ago I was here with thousands of other Canadian aviators who were doing their part to liberate France. I had the privilege of flying with John Gilesspie McGee the author of High Flight you have heard recently.

Many of my friends rest forever in France. I had a bit of luck.
It touches me immensely that you have recognized the sacrifice of Canadian aviators with this monument.
For all of those Canadian aviators lost during the war and for the Canadian veterans who could not be here today, I wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart- the 3 associations   who gave so much time and energy to carry out this project.
The monument is magnificent! Mt thanks to ANSA  39-45, the Juno Canada Normandy Committee and Souvenir Francais. I would also like to thank everyone present today for your warm welcome.  It has been a wonderful ceremony and personal experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebration for Barry July 27, 2017

Barry Needham Celebration of Life

22 days short of his 97 th birthday and 2 years to the day since his wife, Martha passed , William Barry Needham, Rtd WWII spitfire pi...